An Email to a Very Special Girl

Monday, March 01, 2010


I just wanted to share with you a letter that I had written to a little girl that touched my heart a few years ago each time I watched her pray...

Dearest "Special Girl",

Assalumu Alaikum Wa Rahmat Allah. I just wanted to let you know that I couldn't help but notice how eager you are to pray at each Salah time and how you have made it an inseparable part of your life. I can't describe how happy this makes me feel. You have always been very special to me, but now I admire you even more. I often remember you in my prayers and constantly ask Allah to continue to bring hidaya to your life.

You have been given a gift from Allah because not everyone understands the importance of Salah like you do and how close it brings us to our Creator. It is a beautiful form of worship that only we Muslims have access to. I pray that you continue on this enlightened path and that you bring its light to all the people around you especially your friends. Each time you attempt to enlighten the people around you about the importance of Salat, Allah blesses you with His invaluable reward (ajer). It is girls like you who can make a difference in saving the next generation from getting lost in a very challenging world.

I was delighted to hear that you were looking for a calendar that indicates the prayer times (although I am not surprised knowing that this request came from a girl like you). Take care of yourself and continue on this path that you have chosen. I look forward to seeing you soon insha-Allah and may Allah bless every step you take into the future.

Lots of love,
Auntie Hope

وَأَقِيمُواْ الصَّلاَةَ وَآتُواْ الزَّكَاةَ وَمَا تُقَدِّمُواْ لأَنفُسِكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِندَ اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ (2:110)
2:110 (Asad) And be constant in prayer, and render the purifying dues; for, whatever good deed you send ahead for your own selves, you shall find it with God: behold, God sees all that you do. -

No comments:

Post a Comment